Sunday, September 12, 2010

Life after Divorce: From Mrs. to Miss

So now you're divorced and you agreed to change your name back to your maiden name right?  Well, we all know that it's a real pain to do that.  Remember all that waiting in line at different places when you changed it after getting married.  It's the same thing all over again now that you're divorced.

What need to be changed?  Everything with your name, including but not limited to:

  1. Your Social Security Card
  2. Your Driver's License
  3. Your Passport
  4. Voter's Registration Card
  5. Bank Accounts and Checks
  6. Vehicle Title & Registration
  7. Insurance Cards
  8. Credit Cards
  9. Business Cards
  10. Email Accounts/Twitter/Facebook

Who needs to be notified?  Everyone!!

  1. Your Employer (Insurance, 401k)
  2. Credit Bureau
  3. Banks
  4. Creditors (Mortgage, Landlord, Credit Cards, Bank)
  5. Utilities
  6. Mortgage
  7. Insurance Company (Auto, Home, Life)
  8. Voter Registration
  9. Investment Company
  10. CPA (Tax Returns)
Yeah.  It's alot to take in but guess what, there's a ONLINE SERVICE that helps you get this done as painlessly and quickly as possible. is the premier online name change service created to simplify the name- change process for newlyweds and divorcees.  For $29.95 you can complete applications online and send notification letters.  It's fabulous!