Adoption Knowledge Affiliates appoints Jennifer Cochran to the Board

The Law Office of Jennifer R. Cochran is proud to announce that Ms. Cochran is now a member of the Board of Directors for AKA, Adoption Knowledge Affiliates, an organization devoted to supporting all members of the adoption triad as well as adoption professionals. The adoption triad is made up of all three members in an adoption to include the birth parent(s), the adoptive parent(s) and the adoptee(s). The organization supports the triad through support groups, monthly meetings, educational resources and an annual conference.

"I'm very excited about becoming more involved in the leadership of AKA. I began going to meetings when my daughter was six months old so that I could learn to talk to her about our adoption journey. I immediately felt connected to the group. Although I provide legal representation in adoptions, I had very little knowledge of the personal impact of adoption until I became a mother to my little girl. AKA has helped me understand the value of open adoption and communication and I look forward to sharing that with my daughter."

If you are interested in learning more about AKA, come to our next meeting on February 16, 2015 at 7:00 p.m. All meetings are held at the Settlement Home, 1607 Colony Creek Dr, Bldg. B, Austin, TX on the third Monday of each month. Meetings begin at 7:00 p.m., followed by discussion groups for birth families, adopted people, and adoptive/prospective adoptive parents.